Battle League Competition General Rules and Guidelines:
- General House Rules
Tournament House Rules
- No loitering inside the school premises. Stay only in the designated area for Battle League.
- No littering inside the vicinity. Trash bins/bags will be placed around the area where you can throw your trash away properly.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own food and snacks.
- Bringing of alcoholic drinks and any kind of drugs is strictly prohibited
- Participants are not allowed to go out to buy food/drinks. iACADEMY will provide food booths outside the auditorium.
- Never fight / argue /harass the employees and facilitators of the Battle League. Doing so will result in the disqualification of the whole team. Following the house rules of Battle League is a priority.
- Please inform one of the CORE FACILITATORS if you have any complaints or issues with any of the Battle League facilitators or volunteers.
- Never go to the stage upfront, unless he/she/the team was called or asked to do so.
- If not feeling well, or a participant has health problems, please call one of the facilitators to accompany you to the clinic. We have a nurse and a doctor on duty.
- Before Game
- If you brought your own keyboard, mouse, headphone, etc and want to use it during the game, please tell one of the facilitators to help you.
- Check everything if they are working properly, otherwise remind the facilitators.
- During Game
- Trash Talking is not allowed during the game. Never type any insulting words to the opposing team. Anyone caught doing so will be given a warning, and being caught a second time will result in the team forfeiting the game and lose points.
- If a team wants to pause the game, they only have 2-3 minutes to do so.
- No food and drinks are allowed while playing. Any accidents that may occur that lead to breaking or damaging the computer will be the whole team’s responsibility.
- Teammates that are not playing :
- may watch the game from the team’s side, but at a certain distance.
- may not go to the opposing team’s side to watch. Anyone caught will be given a warning, and being caught a second time will result in the team forfeiting the game.
- After Game
- Greet the opposing team in a friendly manner; congratulate them and shake hands. Remember this is a friendly competition. We are here to compete with each other but also to have fun and enjoy.
- Never engage in physically violent activity after the game with the opposing team. Any team doing so will result in disqualification for the whole game.
Please note there are changes to the points system this year.
- Battle League Tournament will be using Double Elimination with matching point system
- Point System
- Default Points
- Win = 10 Points
- Lose = 8 Points
- Semi Finals Points
- Win = 12 Points
- Lose = 9 Points
- Finals Points
- Win = 15 Points
- Lose = 12 Points
There will be a champion for each game, but the team that obtains the highest point in the tournament will be the BATTLE LEAGUE CHAMPION.